PLAYER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
• I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
• I will play by the rules of soccer, and in the spirit of the game.
• I will show respect at all times for all coaches, all referees, all players, all spectators, and all officials.
• I will control my temper. I will not fight or use abusive language or inappropriate gestures.
• I will be a team player.
• I know that winning isn’t everything – having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are all important.
• I will acknowledge all good play – that of my team-mates and of my opponents.
• I understand that Coaches are there to coach and not to improve my behaviour. If I am found to be behaving badly, my coach is permitted to remove me from the event. Furthermore, the responsibility of my behaviour outside of team-sanctioned events is not that of team staff but is the responsibility myself, and of my family or guardian.
• I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
• I will not take part in any form of bullying, either to an opposing player or to a player on my team. Bullying in any form, whether in person, electronically (any form of social media) will not be tolerated.
• I will not participate nor provide support in any way to the other club; nor to provide any third party with any information on the activities of the club, unless explicitly allowed to do so by the management of the club.
• Should any other club request my support, I will inform to the club promptly of such request and to abide by any official decision made by the club.
• I will participate in all promotion activities organized by the club or its sponsors.
GAMES AND PRACTICES
• I recognize that practices are more important than games and games are equally important.
• I will arrive at the field before practices and games according to the standards set by my team Coach.
• If I cannot make a game or practice, I will notify the team Coach in advance so that alternate arrangements can be made.
• I realize that players who attend practices may get priority in the game starting line-up. Starting line-ups are based on several factors including attendance at practices, player’s position, effort, attitude, performance, etc.
• I will handed over or turn off all electronic devices (cell phones, video games, etc.) on arrival at my hostel or before practice, game or team event and leave them off until I am finished.
• I realize that playing time is not always going to be equal despite my coaches attempt to equalize.
• I will leave all venues as neat and tidy as I found them and will remove all refuse from my area.
• I will take good care of my uniform and wear it only on game days.
• I will ensure my jersey is tucked in at all times as required by the laws of the game.
• I will wear shin guards, socks, appropriate footwear, and bring my own water bottle to all games and practices.
• At practices I will wear approved attire, such as athletic shirt and shorts; as determined by my coach.
• I understand that; rolling up my shorts to reduce their size, wearing short tops to expose my midriff, or exposing my bare shoulders is inappropriate soccer attire.
If for any reason the Code of Conduct is not followed by the player, any [one or more] of the following steps may be taken by the coach or the Club:
• Suspend the player for some (time) period.
• Remove the player from the Academy.